Diploma in Hotel Management (DHM) is 3 years (Six Semester) academic course after SLC intends to produce mid-managerial level skilled and competent human resources equipped with the knowledge to fulfill the demand of Hospitality industries for our country and abroad. It covers Food Production, Housekeeping, Food & Beverage Service, Front Desk Operation along with a variety of academic disciplines including the Concept of Tourism, English Language, computer skills, food hygiene, and safety issues with food handling as well.
Students who have successfully completed the course will be awarded the degree Diploma in Hotel Management. The graduates will be eligible for the position equivalent to Non-gazetted 1st class (technical) on food Production, Food& Beverage Service, Front Office, Housekeeping or as prescribed by the Public Service Commission of Nepal, and also eligible to admit the Bachelor in Hotel Management or other management courses like BBA, BBS, BBM, etc…
- To introduce students to the basic skills in the hotel and catering management sector, grooming them to become competent hospitality management professionals.
- To inculcate in students entrepreneurial skills to enable them to become independent service providers in the sector.
- To acquaint students with the latest trends and practices in the hotel and hospitality industry.
- Nepali I
- English I
- Fundamental of Travel and Tourism
- Hospitality Industry
- Principle of Accounting
- Computer Application
- Nepali II
- English II
- Hotel Accounting
- Housekeeping Operation
- Front Office Operation
- Business Communication
- Principles of Management
- Food Production and Patisserie I
- Food and Beverage Service I
- Principles of Economics
- Ecology and Environment
- Business Math
- Food Production and Patisserie II
- Food and Beverage Service II
- Hygiene and Nutrition
- Hospitality Sales & Marketing
- Food Production and Patisserie III
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Beverage Studies and Bar Operations
- Elective: Food and Beverage Management OR Accommodation Management
- SEE/SLC pass having at least (D+ Grade in English, Mathematics, and Science) or equivalent or Technical SLC (TSLC) in a related subject.
- On the basis of the merit list in the entrance examination administered by CTEVT (allotment of quotas will be as per the CTEVT rule)